AKIRA Visual Operations Manager
AKIRA opened its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago in 2002. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores, as well as a thriving ecommerce business. AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand. AKIRA’s culture has a distinct difference from other fast-fashion competitors, the core principle for all employees is to Act and Think Like an Owner, and this belief is reflected across all areas of the company.
Visual and Operations Manager
As a visual manager you are responsible for taking care of all visual and operational duties in the store. Depending on the size of the store you will be running a team of anywhere from 4 people - 20 people at any given time. This role is both creative and analytical - the true magic behind a visual and ops role is you are not only the beauty but the brains. You can look at reports, create compelling mannequin looks, color stories, and visual displays that not only look good but sell. Understanding and analyzing data and selling reports is key - knowing when to take action through merchandising is fundamental.
- Independently prioritize in-store merchandising tasks each day by assessing aesthetic needs and analyzing and incorporating weekly selling data
- Effectively execute all in-store merchandising tasks according to company guidelines, including but not limited to: floor layout adjustments, floor moves, rack merchandising, table displays, wall displays, accessory displays, sales floor and window mannequin styling, promotional displays, etc.
- Communicate regularly with store management staff to ensure merchandising is meeting the needs of business and aiding in sales
- Partner with the leadership team to ensure standards are being kept up throughout the store and teach and participate in all tasks. Complete various cleaning tasks when changing displays (waxing racks, dusting tables, adjusting lighting after floor moves, etc.)
- Complete daily and weekly visual and operations evaluations. Summarizing the merchandising tasks and looking forward to what's next to drive the business forward
- Elevate the customer experience not only through the store environment visually but also by supporting sales. Ensure customers are being delivered the AKIRA styling experience by connecting customers to stylists and supporting in running the floor, cash wrap, fitting rooms to minimize wait times and get them in and out with a smile on their face
- Support Leadership team by participating in all functions of the business including talent - recruitment & performance management
- Knowledgeable about fashion and trends
- Efficient and quick pace when working both independently and as part of a team
- Capable of lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Willingness to work early in the early morning and/or some late nights
- Eagerness to work in a fun environment
- Strong organizational, effective communication skills and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and extended hours at times
- May be required to travel to support other stores
Job Type: Full Time