In 2002, AKIRA opened the doors to its first women's clothing boutique in Chicago. Since then, the company has extended its reach to 30+ stores across the United States, as well as a thriving eCommerce business (shopAKIRA.com.) AKIRA is extremely well-poised for sustained growth as we continue to build a nationally recognized brand.
AKIRA’s culture has one very large, distinct difference from other fast-fashion competitors: Other-Worldly Customer Service and Fanatical, Obsessive Attention to the consumer’s needs and desires. The core principle for all employees at AKIRA is to Act and Think Like an Owner, and this belief can be reflected across all areas of the company.
AKIRA’s Tasker’s are a critical component of the retail team. As a Tasker your role is to make sure the product is accurately received and stocked in accordance with the merchandising guidelines as well as maintain the cleanliness and organization of the store. Provide assistance to the Cashiers and Stylists, giving the customers and the store that extra attention.
- Clean and organize the store
- Stock new apparel and accessories from shipments following merchandising guidelines
- Provide support to the team by completing any needed operational tasks
- Complete all go home duties instructed by Manager before clocking out
- Answer any and all of the customer’s questions and concerns
- Ensure store location is following all safety guidelines and standards
- Flexible availability
- Ability to lift up tp 20lbs and put away merchandise and shipment
- Keep a clean and organized workspace
- Honest and reliable
- Able to juggle various workloads and a variety of tasks
- Perform store recovery tasks and cleaning as required during stocking efforts