Packing requirements are dependent upon the order type. Please check your PO # to see if it is a Store or Web PO and follow appropriate guidelines below.
1 CARTON SPECIFICATIONS:
Do not ship in envelopes, jiffy, burlap or plastic bags. All cartons must be conveyable; see carton size requirements below. Use a single piece of cardboard on the top and bottom of each carton for protection when opening.
|Shipping cartons must be NEW with no markings other than carton marks and/or stickers labels requested by the Buyers (IE DOORBUSTERS, etc). They must be constructed of corrugated cardboard with a minimum bursting strength of 200 lbs. per square inch (18 kg/cm) to prevent crushing.|
2 WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
Shipping cartons may not exceed maximum dimension and weight listed below:
Maximum weight allowed is 50 lbs. Even one pound over this limit will result in a fine outlines in Section 11
NOTES: If a product requires cartons that exceed these size and weight requirements, suppliers must contact their Buyer for approval; if approved carton weight and dimensions must be stickered on the outer carton in letters 1.5 inches on the same side as the carton marks.
3 HOW TO PACK CARTONS
- Use a single piece of cardboard on the top and bottom of each carton for protection when opening.
- Each box should contain only one color/style/size. Do not mix different colors/styles/sizes in boxes.
- Apparel and Footwear must be packed by size.
- Apparel Merchandise should be folded and packed in polybags.
- Do not send loose singles.
- Packing list breakdowns should be confirmed with the Buyers.
- Extra fragile items should be wrapped with more care and confirmed with your Buyer.
- No product should be exposed to the elements.
- Packing slips must be included with each shipment.
- Place the packing slip in a removable pouch attached to the shipment's lead carton.
- Packing slips must include the following information:
- Shipper's name, address, and phone number
- Shipping date
- Destination address (please see Where to Send Shipments)
- Purchase order number
- Descriptions of goods
- Total number of cartons
- Totals by carton
- Totals by SKU (style, color, and size)
- Total weight shipped
- If your PO # includes a W at the end of the digits, this is an ECOM / Web order. With each ECOM order, we require that you pack one piece of a small and 1X separately per color / style so we can send the items directly to our ecommerce team
- Packing lists must be included for samples *click here for label or picture packing instructions
- Other packing note details based on your PO # are listed below:
Packing requirements are dependent upon the order type. Please check your PO # to see if it is an All(A), Store(S), Web(W) or Backstock(B) PO and follow appropriate guidelines below.
Merchandise must be packed according to these guidelines. Any variances will cause delays and may result in violation chargeback fees (found in Section 11). The chart below shows a quick look at what needs to be checked and confirmed when packing our orders.
Apparel Polybag Defined:
Stores (S): Individual poly bag requirements are dependent on the order type. If there is a risk of damage or fabric bleed, always resort to packing individually (and extra reinforcement if needed). Use your best judgment and be sure to check our Violation Chargeback Fees for damages in Section 11.
If product type permits, it’s acceptable to pack 10 pieces by size in one large grouped polybag for store orders. Do not group packs if there is a risk of damage (see chart below for acceptable grouped poly bag use).
Web (W) and Backstock (B): Individual poly bags must always be used for ShopAKIRA.com and Back Stock Purchase Orders (these PO#s will end in a W or B. The key can be found in Section 5). The PLU barcode sticker needs to be positioned in the top right corner of the polybag (PRI-WEB is the iLabel code). The garments price ticket needs to be facing outward with the barcode visible.
Accessory Polybag Defined:
Stores: All Jewelry orders require Individual polybags. This prevents tangling during transit. Items that can be grouped together are listed below. Please use best practice when packing fragile items.
Web (W) and Backstock (B): Individual poly bags must always be used for ShopAKIRA.com and Back Stock Purchase Orders (these PO#s will end in a W or B. The key can be found in Section 5). The PLU barcode sticker needs to be positioned in the top right corner of the polybag (PRI-WEB is the iLabel code). The garments price ticket needs to be facing outward with the barcode visible..
Other Polybag Notes:
5 HOW TO PACK PALLETS
- LCL shipments greater than 200 pounds or more than 10 boxes should be sent on pallets. FCL shipments should be no more than 10 boxes.
- If the vendor cannot ship on pallets, please contact Account Payable.
- Pallets should not exceed 7 feet in height.
- Label each pallet with an identifying list of contents.
- Label multiple boxes for one color (using the “x of y” format, where y equals the total number of boxes)
- Place the label in the center on the side of the box (not top of box)