Upon acceptance of a PO by the Vendor, garments must be delivered according to garment/fabric specifications and confirmed ex-factory date. AKIRA reserves the right to revise or cancel purchase orders within 7 business days or as needed. Vendors are required to confirm purchase orders and purchase order revisions within 24 hours of receipt.
The Purchase Order number must be referenced on EVERY document including but not limited to bill of lading, packing slips, invoices, shipping carton and/or any correspondences.
1 PURCHASE ORDER ACCURACY:
- All suppliers are expected to review POs for accuracy (validate item, price, quantity, etc)
- Vendors are required to confirm Purchase orders sent within 24 hours of being sent
- Image(s) of the item being order must be sent with the order confirmation via email
- It is important to ensure that the PO is valid prior to shipping merchandise. A valid PO includes the terms and conditions described in Section 17.
- Telephone orders, verbal commitments, canceled Purchase Orders, handwritten orders, or worksheets are not valid purchase orders and will not be honored.
2 SHIP WINDOW DEFINED:
AKIRA defines the Shipping Window as the “SHIP” date stated on our purchase order (PO). Goods must be shipped on or before the stated “SHIP” date. “SHIP” means the orders are booked for a vessel. NOT just sent to the port. Anything shipped after said day will result in a chargeback fee (see Section 11).
Please be sure to plan accordingly when shipping out orders with this in mind. We keep close track of what has been booked / not with our brokers.**any delays or failure to book shipments in a timely manner may result in
- The “CANCEL” date is formulated based on the current transit time via ocean. The “CANCEL” date is the arrival date to our DC and/or port. This is for internal use and does not need to be referenced by the Vendor
- Shipments handed over after the “SHIP” date are subject to refusal and/or non-compliance charges.
- The “SHIP” date is defined as the date of departure from your shipping dock as signed by the driver at the point of pick-up on the Bill of Lading or Freight Bill.
3 PURCHASE ORDERS MUST BE SHIPPED COMPLETE:
- Ship all purchase orders complete.
- You must contact the appropriate Buyer for approval to ship a PO incomplete before initial shipment.
- You must contact the appropriate Buyer for an extension authorization and purchase order revision if you cannot ship it completely.
- All subsequent shipments against the same purchase order must be shipped pre-paid at the vendor’s expense or may be subject to cancellation.
- A chargeback will be assessed for the full cost of freight plus an administrative fee on any backorder that has not been pre-paid by the vendor (see Section 11).
4 PURCHASE ORDERS MUST BE SHIPPED AS WRITTEN:
- Substitutions, quantity changes, and/or ship date changes must be obtained from the Buyer in writing in the form of an updated valid purchase order before initial shipment.
- A verbal approval or confirmation is not sufficient. Items received that were not ordered are subject to return and compliance charges (see Section 11).
5 PURCHASE ORDER NUMBERS DEFINED
- We recently have updated our Purchase Order numbers to include a set of key letters to guide and assist our warehouse as well as our vendors on our order types.
Any order ending in a W (Web only) must have a TOP sample sent to our Sample Coordinator (see Section 3.3 and 8 for more details).
*ADD IN UPDATED CHART
USE PACKING / POLY BAG PAGE